Obligations of vehicle driver Lawyer Abu Dhabi Dubai UAE
Lawyer UAE Lawyer Abu Dhabi Lawyer Dubai Personal Injury Claims Dubai Abu Dhabi Drugs Psychotropic Substances Punishment Policy New UAE Drug Laws Dubai Abu Dhabi drugs punishment policy in uae anti-narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances law drug punishment in dubai punishment for drug use in uae vehicle accident lawyer, auto accident attorney, car accident attorney, accident claim lawyer, auto injury attorney, auto injury lawyer, car accident injury lawyer, car crash attorney, car wreck attorney, car wreck lawyer, medical malpractice case, medical malpractice attorney, divorce lawyer, family lawyer in Dubai, divorce attorney, criminal lawyer when to get a lawyer after a car accident what are you entitled to in a car accident should i hire a lawyer for a minor car accident should i get a lawyer for a car accident that wasn’t my fault Car Wreck Attorney Claim Insurance Car Accident UAE Best Lawyers Dubai who is the best lawyer in dubai who is the best lawyer in abu dhabi who is the best lawyer in UAE Drugs Psychotropic Substances Punishment Policy New UAE Drug Laws Dubai Abu Dhabi drugs punishment policy in uae anti-narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances law drug punishment in dubai punishment for drug use in uae Lawyer Dubai lawyers dubai vehicle accident auto attorney car accident attorney claim lawyer auto injury attorney auto injury car accident injury lawyer car crash attorney medical malpractice case medical malpractice divorce lawyer family lawyer in Dubai divorce criminal Lawyer abu dhabi lawyers abu dhabi vehicle accident auto attorney car accident attorney claim lawyer auto injury attorney auto injury car accident injury lawyer car crash attorney medical malpractice case medical malpractice divorce lawyer family lawyer in Dubai divorce criminal Lawyer UAE lawyers Obligations of vehicle driver Lawyer Abu Dhabi Dubai UAE personal driver duties and responsibilities duties and responsibilities driver in a construction company messenger family driver responsibility delivery driver duties
Obligations of vehicle driver in the UAE Traffic Law
Amended by the Federal Law No. 21 of 2007
The traffic is considered an elementary factor and an indicator of the development, as it is closely related to the productive process as a basic condition for it`s accomplishment, including the transport of the individuals, the shipment of the goods and the movement of the tourists. In addition, the traffic is considered a cultural interface for the civilized country that reflects the real development and prosperity of the society. Here we are not only discussing the movement of the vehicles on the road as much as we are trying to approach the concept of the traffic culture, which follows basically the legislative development and its ability to satisfy the needs of the development.
The UAE Legislator has presented the Traffic Law, which was developed in accordance with the aspirations and prosperity of the UAE. Whereas the federal Law No. 21 of 2007 expressed the development of the legislative structure of the UAE, where the Articles of the said law included all the subjects related to the traffic and we will review the obligations which are recognized by the said Law for each driver, which considered the basics of driving the vehicles on the road and considering that the risks which result from traffic accidents are almost due to the lack of commitment of the driver of the vehicle, so that the law was keen on applying these obligations, as states in Article 5 of the first chapter of the said law, the general provisions;
Every driver of a motor vehicle shall abide by the following:
1) Hand his personal papers and those of the vehicle to any attending policeman in the event an accident happens, by or against such driver, which causes harm to humans or animals or property, and extend all necessary and possible assistance to care for the injured. He must also inform the nearest police station about the accident within a six-hour delay at most unless an acceptable excuse is provided, in case no policeman was present in the scene of the accident.
2) To slow down to a minimum speed when crossing a pedestrian passage not controlled by a traffic sign or a policeman, and upon changing the course of his vehicle for entering another road, and he must come to a full stop until pedestrians starting to cross the road have completely done so.
3) Give enough time to pedestrians starting to cross the road on the passageways reserved for them and controlled by a traffic sign or policeman and not start moving again even if it is sign for him to pass, until such passageway is clear of such pedestrians.
4) Refrain from parking his vehicle in the places where parking is prohibited, and in case he is constrained to such parking he should take to the right of the road far from crossings, crossroads, slopes and turns and take all necessary precautions to insure the safety of movement on the road, and never leave the vehicle with its engine running, and insure it does not move in his absence, as well as put on its lights in the period between sunset and sunrise, and, in general, warn other parties of its presence by whatever way.
5) Refrain from driving a vehicle causing a strong uproar and from using the horns inside the cities unless for avoiding danger or accidents.
In addition to the above-mentioned five obligations, the legislator in the traffic law has specialized a certain chapter and named it the obligations of the driver while driving any vehicle as per Article 10 of the said law.
The driver, while driving any vehicle on the road should abide by the following:
1) Keep the vehicle in the section nearest to the right edge of the road in respect to its direction.
2) Make sure there is enough scope of visibility in front of him when intending to overtake a vehicle or person or animal or obstruction, and to show his intention to overtake through using the warning signs and making sure that the persons he intends to overtake are responding thereto.
3) Keep to the furthest right edge of the road to make way for the crossing of a traffic movement having priority.
4) Take all the necessary precautions before turning on a bifurcation or turn or crossroad or crossways and give the necessary sign for changing his course and make sure that he can turn without exposing other users of the road to danger.
5) Abstain from overtaking any vehicle moving in the same direction as his, except from its left side, and such in case the front vehicle does not move to the left in order to turn to another road on the left after its driver has given the appropriate sign, provided there is enough distance of the road enabling him to cross without any danger.
6) Abstain from driving the vehicle while under the effect of wine or an alcoholic or narcotic substance.
7) Abstain from driving the vehicle in a state of exhaustion which affecting his capacity of control.
8) Slow down or stop whenever necessary to enable another vehicle in front of him which has given a sign for turning to the right or left.
9) Abstain from exposing pedestrians to danger and stop if necessary to avoid vexing or hurting any road user.
10) Abstain from exceeding the maximum speed decided for the road, with due consideration to the conditions of the place, the weather, the vehicle and other safety requirements.
11) Abstain from causing damage to the surface of the paved road, without prejudice to the provisions of Federal Law No. (8) of 1986
12) Abstain from driving the vehicle backwards without assuring that the road is empty, and only for the necessary distance to move to safety or to turn.
13) Abide by the directives of the policeman controlling the traffic.
14) Use the automatic direction lights of the vehicle upon turning to the right or left.
15) Put on the vehicle’s lights between sunset and sunrise or whenever the need arises to warn others of its presence.
In light of the aforementioned, it reveals that the legislator did not burden the driver with heavy obligations that exceed the rules of logic and ethics and only obligated the driver to take the safety measures, and its ultimate goal is to turn the running of the vehicle into a civilized case reflected in the concepts of art, taste and ethics.